Introducing Online Classes
SaddleBrooke Computer Club has just launched our “eLearn Center.” where selected classes can be taken online. The benefits of online classes are:
- There are no fixed times. Once signed up, you can take as many eLearn classes as you wish at your convenience and from your own home.
- Start & Stop. As you view the class you can pause and restart at your convenience.
- Class Segments. Some online classes are broken into short segments called “parts” or “chapters,” so you don’t have to go through an entire class in one sitting.
- Review. At any time, you can pick up where you left off, review the entire class, or review only certain segments by selecting them on the online class home page.
- Documents & Downloads. In addition to class videos, reference links to supporting documents and downloads are provided for some classes.
- When you launch a class video, open it in FULL SCREEN mode by clicking the icon on the lower right of the screen.
- You can pause playback at any time using the PAUSE icon at the bottom of the video player.
A Work in Progress
The first online classes have launched. As a community service, access to the Computer Security class is currently open to all SaddleBrooke residents. Computer Club membership is required to access additional eLearn classes.
Classes Available Right Now
- Computer Security (open to all SaddleBrooke Residents)
Discover what you need to know to keep your computer as safe as possible from viruses, malware, and other intrusions from the “bad guys” that are out to compromise your privacy and steal your confidential information.
- Should I move to Windows 10? – club membership required
- How to Set up a Google Account – club membership required
- Photoshop Elements A (select lessons) – club membership required
For information on club membership, see our Website.